Sponsors for the 37th Tokyo Motor Show
– Passenger Cars & Motorcycles – (2003)
- June 19, 2003
The Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA: Chairman; Yoshihide Munekuni) is inviting corporations to be sponsors of the 37th Tokyo Motor Show scheduled for this fall and has welcomed four new sponsors so far.
Having agreed as of today to be a sponsor of the motor show for passenger cars and motorcycles at the Makuhari Messe in Makuhari, Chiba City, October 24 to November 5, are the companies below:
- Auto Wave Co., Ltd. (automotive accessory marketing, maintenance servicing)
- Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K. (petroleum products marketing)
- Mobilecast Inc. (telematics servicing)
- Japan Tobacco Inc. (cigarette/pharmaceutical/food producing, marketing)
JAMA launched a sponsorship program earlier this year to recruit new sponsors in addition to the continuing sponsors who collaborated with the show organizer in staging various attractions and events at the past Tokyo Motor Shows.
Under its sponsorship program, JAMA has been striving to contract as many corporations as possible to be new sponsors from outside of the automobile industry. These efforts to enlist more sponsors will be continued.
Sponsors will be given brand-exposing opportunities to post advertisements and have their booths opened in the fairground to come in direct contact with the visitors at Japan's most populous industry fair.
Taking advantage of the sponsorship program, this year's Tokyo Motor Show will be sparked by various visitor-participating events including the display of original cars manufactured by small-lot "Carrozzeria" carmakers, assorted symposiums for motor experts and general visitors, and test-rides of fuel cell cars and hybrid cars.
In addition to the four new sponsors and more prospective sponsors, the following six companies have already decided to continue their sponsorship through various collaborations for making the 37th Tokyo Motor Show even more satisfactory to press members and general visitors.
- Bridgestone Corporation (support in press center management)
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (PlayStation corner operation)
- Tomy Co., Ltd. (TOMICA corner operation)
- Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd., Fuji Xerox Office Supply Co., Ltd.
- (Tokyo Motor Show News publishing)
- Japan Airlines (foreign press invitation)
[For inquiries on sponsorship program]|
Tokyo Motor Show Sponsorship Secretariat
Grandpark Tower, 3-4-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8088
Tel: 03-5446-8950 Fax: 03-5446-8797